Pages

Friday 30 July 2021

writing workshop

 My writing workshop

Today we had writing and we were learning about were commas should go.   The teacher gave us a sheet that had sentences on it.  At first I didn't know  what it was for but  then  she started to explain .   I could tell other people didn't know what it was for either but within seconds everyone was furiously working away. 

Within seconds I had gotten the hang of it and was working away like mad.I had finally finished and only a few other people had finished.  Woohoo!  I had started after but had actually finished before some people.

Anyway I'll give you two examples of were a comma should go.

Spot the difference,

  1. The television despite being only a week old exploded.                                              
2. The television , despite only being a week old exploded.                                                                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about