Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2021

 Kapa haka 

It was 8:15 as I rushed through the school gates, I ran through the hall and grabbed my bodic(Kapa Haka Dress) to get changed into.I plucked a feather from the pile and politely asked my friend to place it into my hair/half up, half down. Rushing to get my moko I realized that I would be first in line as I was the only one there. 


  It definitely was a disappointment that parents could not come and watch us according to level two but there still able to see us on line, we are videoing. Once the bell rang we headed into class before heading to the hall. It was thirty minutes before the actual kapa haka started but it gave us a good amount of time to talk to the people next to us. I had my friend Maggie next to me, which was cool.


Then a man started setting up a camera on the wire, he was the recorder. the next thing that happened was him saying go and us heading into out first words of the song,U TAINA.Once that was finished the other songs took place.And then we were done.


Kapa haka was great this year, and we will even have a bigger audience. But then we were going to see a green team play so we had to get unchanged.And that was how kapa haka was for me.                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about