Pages

Tuesday 2 November 2021

MLH Speeches contest

MLH Speech contest!!!


It is getting closer. So close I could almost smell victory, And when I got in to the judging I was sure they were going to pick me to be in the finals. Then they would give me first, second and third.

Hi, I'm Bridie, And just to say I have been listening to someone say that over and over as soon as speeches got put out there as a challenge. I am not one of those people who Brags and is selfish. I am more one of those people who Celebrates people when they win.

I am so excited for MLH speeches this year. We only got Three weeks to plan, write and practise though, so mine is definitely not the best. What I like to keep in mind is that a lot of people are not comfortable sharing in front of 61 kids and two teachers so I like to cheer them on and make them believe that everyone is there to comfort them when they need help.

I hope that from this if you are getting near speeches when you see someone that has trouble sharing or gets stuck on one thing cheer them on and give them comfort so they believe in themselves to.  


Thanks  for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about